This post may contain affiliate links, which generate a small commission to me when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products or services that I have personally used and enjoy.
In case you didn’t gather from the title of this blog, I live in a state of what I like to call Almost Organized Chaos. I try to be organized, I have many systems in place for organization, but sometimes life laughs in the face of your best intentions. Sometimes almost IS enough.
However, I’m a firm believer in my systems!! The way I do certain things in my home helps to streamline chores, make things easier to find, or make routines run more smoothly. Sometimes a little prep work up front saves you a ton of time later!
So, in this post I’ll be sharing a few of my ride-or-die systems that I use in my home that I can’t live without. If these things don’t get done how and when they are intended everything can go to crap REALLY quickly.
Ready?! Awesome! Here we go…
1. My Laundry System I have a very specific laundry system that is outlined in this post. It’s very in-depth so I decided it needed its own space 🙂
2. How I Organize Closets My son is still in toddler sizes, so each weekend I go in his closet and make up outfits for the week. I use clothespins to pin his shorts to a hanger, or just hang pants on it, then I hang the shirt on the same hanger. Sometimes I even pin matching socks to it. This makes mornings quicker and helps when Dadsy dresses the little man since his matching skills aren’t quite up to my standards 😉 you can also poke a hole in a ziplock and stick it over the hanger, put all accessories in the bag!
3. Doesn’t Belong Bin I have a big bin that I carry from room to room as I clean. Anything that DOESN’T belong in that room goes in the bin. We have a bad habit of using the kitchen counters as a catch-all, so this system helps. As I move into the next room, I put away the things in the bin that belong in that room.
4. Grocery Pickup Most major grocery stores now offer grocery pickup. This is a GAME. CHANGER. Ya’ll. I cannot express enough how wonderful this service is. I was worried about other people picking my groceries at first, but they honestly do a better job than me most of the time! It also saves me cash, because there are fewer impulse purchases, and ensures I don’t forget anything! And no temper tantrums! Win!
5. Meal Delivery Services We’ve recently started using HelloFresh and we LOVE IT! The recipes have all been easy and delicious and we have found it’s not much of an added expense for us. We’ve actually SAVED money because we are eating out less. PSSTyou can use code ALLYRIL for a discount!
6. Dobby, my robot vacuum We purchased a robot vacuum that has been an amazing tool for our family. I can run it in each room when I finish cleaning and a full charge will generally do our whole house. It picks up animal hair and dirt like a dream. I HIGHLY recommend saving up for one of these bad boys! My autoimmune disease can make me tire easily, so it’s great to automate this task and save my back and energy.
6. Clean the bathroom during bath time If your kid is anything like mine and LOVES water, bath time can be a long ordeal. After washing the kiddos, let them play for a few extra minutes while you tidy up the bathroom. It gets some energy worked out before bed and leaves you with a clean slate in the morning! (I don’t use cleaning products during bath time, but having everything tidied means that on my bathroom cleaning day all I have to do is clean the toilet, sink, and shower!)
Well, there you have it! I hope you can use some of these tips to make your life just a little easier! Let me know in the comments if you have, and share any tips you have for me!